Celebrate Women’s Mountain Biking Day
Join IMBA to celebrate all the rad girls and women in our sport!
Photo by Debbie Hage, North Carolina Interscholastic Cycling League
Celebrate with your NICA team and community
Saturday, May 6th is Women’s Mountain Biking Day! This grassroots day of recognition and celebration is a time for women to gather and share their stoke for riding. It can involve anything from an informal group shred to an organized, stoke-filled event.
IMBA, the International Mountain Biking Association, encourages NICA teams and communities to join in the fun. Check out the official Women’s Mountain Biking Day page to find out more, grab the Women’s Mountain Biking Day logo, organize a ride, or find an event near you! If you celebrate, make sure to share and tag any social media with #womensMTBday.
Here are some ideas for how to celebrate with your team:
- Organize a GRiT ride with your teammates at a local trail
- Join other female coaches in your area for an informal ride
- Host a “Try-it-out” event and invite other girls and women to try mountain biking with your team (here’s a great template to start, and don’t forget the one-time NICA waiver!)
- Connect with your local IMBA chapter to collaborate on an event (as simple as a group ride, or as elaborate as a festival!)
- Connect with a local bike shop to organize a womens’ bike maintenance clinic
- Partner with your local IMBA chapter or other trail organizations to host a womens’ trail maintenance day and give back to your local singletrack
- Find an existing event and join in on the fun
- Simply get together with your female friends for an informal ride
- …get even more ideas from IMBA over at their Women’s Mountain Biking Day website
There's nothing that will put a smile on your face faster than a day riding with the ladies!
Photos by Deborah Hage, North Carolina Interscholastic Cycling League
If you participate in any Women’s Mountain Biking Day festivities, or if you’re a proud mountain biking lady who celebrates Women’s MTB Day, we’d love to hear about it! Share your story with us or send it to our friends at IMBA at email@example.com!